"Storm in a Teacup" is an eclectic romp through Robert's collection of influences. From jangling Billy Joel to quirky David Bowie, you can hear it all but done in Robert's fresh, new way. He is a force on the piano!"
"(the musicians on the album) are a real list of who's who... "Storm in a Teacup" has a really wide appeal....within the album anybody could find ten things that they will gravitate to and grab on to...it's an excellent achievement.
"Robert Graham has played many different kinds of music over the years, from salsa with Australia's Los Chasquis to take-no-prisoners roots with Canada's own Tanglefoot. But he's also absorbed a lot of pop influences as a fan - everyone from Steely Dan to Van Halen. All of these sounds come into play on his highly impressive debut solo album "STORM IN A TEACUP"
"Should have great appeal across the board."
ABOUT "STORM IN A TEACUP"
The album was produced by CHRIS BROWN (Bourbon Tabernacle Choir) and features some of the finest musicians in North America including ERIC SCHENKMAN (Spin Doctors), TEDDY KUMPEL (Rickie Lee Jones, Feist, Trent Reznor), ANTON FIER (Herbie Hancock, the Lounge Lizards), TONY SCHERR (Bill Frisell, Norah Jones), FORD PIER (DOA, the Rheostatics), not to mention and Eli and John Abrams of the fabulous ABRAMS BROTHERS.
Since it's release "Storm in a Teacup" has been recognized in a some notable (and also slightly bizarre) ways:
- 2010 BILLBOARD WORLD SONG CONTEST (Honorable Mention)
- 2011 and 2013 DALLAS SONGWRITERS ASSOCIATION SONGWRITING CONTEST (semi finalist)
- IRL MIDEM FRANCE 2011 Contest (finalist)
- iSTARS TALENT CONTEST 2011 (runner up)
- Inclusion in the soon-to-be-released Australian feature film "From Parts Unknown - Fight Like a Girl" (trailer here: http://youtu.be/q3sNlHVDTHY and the Canadian feature "Clean Break" which premiered in 2013
- In-store radio licensing deal for the territory of Italy through Machiavelli Music
- Inclusion in the Post Media National Playlist
- Inclusion in the Songwriter's Association Canada (SAC) CBC Radio 3 Member's Playlist
- Selection in the libraries of various Music Licensing Companies including Crucial Music (CSI, Weeds) and DeFacto Music.
- Radio airplay in various countries and radio features and interviews on the CBC, ABC, BBC, and NPR
- Inclusion in the DIVERSITY MUSIC GROUP After Dark Compilation CD and the ARKATONE MUSIC GROUP Chill/Ambient Compilation CD
- Inclusion in the "Sounds Like Cafe" Compilation CD (across Australia)
- Inclusion in the UE3 Artist Sampler CD Austin Spring 2012